Sunday, May 16, 2010

hair by sex

i asked my special guy what he thought i ought to do with my hair. he of course said some of those things guys are required to say like, "anything you do will look perfect, honey," and "it's hard for me to imagine you with different hair because you're so amazing the way it is now" when what they really mean is, "oh, god, i don't know shit about women's hair, why are you asking me?"

only, because i'm stubborn, i didn't have the good grace to just smile and take the compliments (although i always do take them!). instead i said, "really, honestly, what kind of hair would you dream about seeing on me?"

msg got this expression on his face that was like, are you daring me to tell you the real truth? do you really want to know?

and of course, i said, "really. i want to know."

"okay," he said. "well then what i think you ought to do to make your hair perfect is for us to get down on the floor and fuck for like, an hour."

"um," i said, "that sounds good and all, only i kind of think that you are going to get more out of it than my hair is."

he shook his head. "i'm serious. you want to know when i think your hair looks best? it's when we're both panting and exhausted right after we come, and we're as close together as we ever get, and your hair is kind of mussed up and spread out and wild, with maybe one little loop of it all dark with sweat and curled across your forehead or your cheek. that's when i like your hair best -- when the two of us are completely worn out and still from sex, not able to do anything except breath, but your hair spreads out like it's still holding all the movement and passion that we just used to make love."

well of course that gave me that dry throat and belly fire that makes it a little hard to keep a conversation on topic, but i still tried to pretend, even as i moved closer to him and my voice dropped a little, saying, "don't you think that maybe that's not the best look for going out in public, though?"

he raised one eyebrow. "now you're adding conditions. who said anything about going out in public?"

i sighed and said, "not me, i suppose."

and we proceeded to do my hair.

No comments: